Saturday, May 2, 2009

Forbidden Fruit

                  Sandy Frazier


Another acrostic rhyme for
ACROSTIC ONLY
http://acrosticonly.blogspot.com/


FORBIDDEN FRUIT

Faced with something forbidden
Or maybe beyond our control
Right away we desire it!
Because, when we have a goal,
Irrationality guides us as
Deep research has shown!
Depend upon it! The out-of-reach
Engenders the longing to own.
Never mind if the fruit is sour,
*
For who cares with forbidden fruits?
Ripeness, colour, texture?
Useless attributes.
'I want it.... just because.... you know'.
The tantalising word is 'No'.
*
Another acrostic here:


7 comments:

Darlene said...

Brenda, you are so clever. The rhyme certainly fits the title.

California Girl said...

that is super excellent. love it.

I really like the photo too.

Unknown said...

So true, or often so. The corollary is that its the quest, never the prize, that puts us in motion. Or something like that.

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

You nailed it, Brenda. Say no, and yes, I want it, even if I can't afford it. But being old, I have learned to let go, and embrace the no, because some forbidden fruit is just not good for me.

I really enjoyed this.

anthonynorth said...

You've got this just right.

J said...

I think that I found Acrostic Only through your blog so thanks!
And the worse it is for us, the more we want it. ;)
I have a take on the subject influenced by Chinese society!

Kat said...

How gracefully the left and right sides are matched, with a smooth flow in the middle. Wonderful.

I think I read this Reader's Digest. If Adam and Eve were chinese, we wouldn't have been sinners.

They would've eaten the snake instead of the forbidden fruit :))))