Saturday, May 16, 2009

Black Swan




MANIC MONDAY
seems to have arrived early!
The topic is
 'SHADOWS'

The summers over in Perth are extremely hot. We saw this Black Swan, the emblem of the city, cooling-off in the shadows.


BLACK SWAN

Black is not ideal for feathers
When faced with Perth's inclement weathers!
I don't refer, of course, to rain;
It's the wretched sun that brings such pain!
Along the roads, when the sun is bright
Nearly every car is white;
They know  reflection helps a lot
In this hot and sunny spot.
But I'm the icon of the city!
They think my colour strange but pretty.
They like to have me on display
Even on a blazing day.
So I seek shadow, I seek shade,
Until the daylight starts to fade.
Then you'll find me swimming by
Under a pale and cooling sky.


Feathers with a difference here:


3 comments:

Margaret Gosden said...

How interesting that Perth has a Black Swan as an emblem - I just watched a 2 minute video on YouTube by Thom Yorke you might enjoy - Black Swan, abstract with music. ( I googled Black Swan to find him, being interested in black swans).
He did a 2 minute one on Parabola, too, but that was too tortuous and too long for my liking.

Anonymous said...

Alas, I saw these only in a zoo enclosure( in New Mexico, of all places ). Of course, I had to get some snaps! 'Tis a beautiful bird and cool poem,RR!

Kat said...

The "Pain and Pride" of the Black Swan brought out so well..!!