Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Perspective!


One-Minute Writing suggested 
PERSPECTIVE
and I already had this written so I've snuck it in!

PERSPECTIVE!

See the mighty river flowing past the mountain peaks,
Flowing to the ocean which each mighty river seeks!
See the craggy mountains and the caverns way below!
From up here in the aircraft we can see the river's flow!
We're much too high to see the river traffic floating past!
Surely there I spy a swimmer! And, maybe there, a mast!
The river's flowing strongly till it meets the open sea
Where it will merge with other rivers, wild and rough and free!
*
Sorry to disappoint you! This is just a little stream!
Sometimes, with photography things aren't quite what they seem!
This is just the overflow from my local swimming pool,
Running back into the sea, salty, fresh and cool.
With one step I'd get across it! It's so shallow I could stride,
Barely up to my ankles, across to the other side!
Sometimes, even on our own., playing games is fun;
'Let's Pretend' for adults! Good for everyone!



A more useful piece of pretense here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2008/10/176-knack.html


11 comments:

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Wonderful post, goes to show one assume,

Arija said...

Pretending and playing is certainly good for every one...so is laughter.

quilly said...

Make believe! One of my favorite games of all time.

I loved the two different perspectives between the first 8 and the last 8 lines -- I totally wasn't expecting the switch despite the title. Well done.

Jo said...

Brenda, you never fail to enthrall me with your rhymes. Excellent! I look forward to your take "Ageing" on The One Minute Writer... (no pressure Ha!)

aino said...

Awesome clear and nice.

Deb said...

great photo....

2sweetnsaxy said...

Great shot and great poem to go with it. It did look bigger than it actually was. :-)

Nessa said...

That was fun.

Margaret Gosden said...

Yes, photos can be both deceiving and surprising, after the fact. I am beginning to look twice at photos now, as I did yours! Your rhyme was a splendid example of what I have come to know as one of many of your surprise endings in much of your work!

SandyCarlson said...

Refreshing, wonderful!

Kat said...

What a wonderful twist to the picture and poem..!!!

Seeing-isn't-believing..!!!