Monday, May 25, 2009

Stretching a Point!



EASYSTREET 
http://everyphototellsastory.blogspot.com/2009/05/image-prompt-stretch.html
displays a rather less gruesome example, but the poem fits.

The original meme was
'STRETCH'


STRETCHING A POINT!

I never could, I never would stretch to this extent.
In fact the act of bending never was my bent!
I never had the slightest urge to wind myself and twist,
Tying myself in curious knots was never on my list!.
I like my head just where it is, set right between each shoulder;
So I never try to be a winder, slitherer or folder.
I like my feet down near the ground, where they have always been;
I like my knees set side by side with no head in between!
I don't desire to have my bottom waving in the air.;
I've always been quite modest about my derriere.
The 'S-bend' this girl demonstrates looks dangerous to me;
I'd rather have my 'S-bend' reserved for 'toiletry'.
My mother used to say to me, when I tried a grimace,
'If I were you I wouldn't make that ghastly-looking face!
The wind might change and then you'll look all twisted up for ever!
Then, my lady, you will find you haven't been too clever!'
What if the wind should change for this so-oddly writhing person?
Surely her situation, then, would very clearly worsen!
The other passengers, I'm sure, would make an awful fuss,
If, in her present form, she tried to climb up on a bus!
No, these convolutions are never to my taste.
In any case she's just about to snap off at the waist!



More nasty body-business here:

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You have a good sense of humour. Well done. Thanks for the visit.

Anonymous said...

lol
rr
fabulous poem
i loved reading it
your blog's such fun! browsing around for more

Darlene said...

Very funny. Good job.

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

That is so funny, Brenda!
Especially the reference to your bottom waving in the air, and the S-bend reserved for toiletry:)

Kat said...

Ofcourse you're a stretcher and twister..!!!

I meant.. your imagination :)))

Lovely giggly poem.

Sandy said...

Just wish I could do that--LOL
Mine's up, too!
http://sandyben.blogspot.com/

Heidi said...

Ouch! I don't think I'd like to try this either! Great poem to go along with this weeks theme!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Susanne said...

Oh my back aches just looking at that!