Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Good Mother


EVERY PHOTO TELLS A STORY.
Once again, an evocative image on the above blog! It tells the story much better than my choice. Visit and see.
The title was 
'OVER THE ROUGH SPOT.'

I have called it
THE GOOD MOTHER

When he was born
He was as light as air.
I worried about his weight.
Was I being a
Good Mother?
*
I carried him effortlessly.
It seemed that
Motherhood
Would be a breeze.
*
He felt as light as a breeze,
Even in the dark,
 Wakeful,
Milky nights.
It was fulfilling,
Being a Good Mother.
*
Lately, he has been growing more heavy.
I welcome his
Burgeoning boyhood.
I am proud.
But he is no longer light.
*
Suddenly, today,
Came the realisation
That he will grow ever heavier.
And that I shall always
Carry him on my back.
Being a
Good Mother.
*
Whenever he encounters
A rough spot 
It will be my duty
To lift him
Back on to my shoulders.
*
Even when he is
Fully grown,
I will carry my son,
A weight and a pleasure.
He will never
Leave my shoulders.
*
And when I am old,
Old and withered,
He will still be there.
Because I am
A Good Mother.
*

A very different view of Motherhood here:


5 comments:

Chubby Chieque said...

You really did well, Lady?

Every words you jotted are so true.
Very original.

ENjoy your Wednesday, downunder.

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

I have mixed feelings when I look at the (original) image. I have two opposing and contradictory beliefs, and that always makes things difficult as hell!

And, your poem conveys such love and devotion from a Good Mother! I think a feeling that most good mothers have but that some are torn from as well.

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

P.S. You chose the perfect image:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Kat said...

This poem inspires me...!!!

and I would like to be someday called " A good father "..!!!