Monday, May 11, 2009

Haiku Happening

Vist
http://elizabeth-aboutnewyork.blogspot.com/
for the
 HAIKU FESTIVAL!

It requires a lot of discipline to write Haiku. I'm not sure I have it. Is this how you write them, anyway?


(I must apologise if you have not been given credit for these lovely images. I originally saved them for my own pleasure, but they seem to cry out for Haiku treatment.However, if you tell me your name I will duly advertise the same.) 


HAIKU HAPPENING

let long legs linger
pink pillows feel soft pressure.
insect and perfume


perfect reflection 
grey mist and geometry,
tread softly above


waiting for Springtime
here it comes over the hill.
snow ghosts underfoot.


 Japanese jazz gate.
against bland grey wall, ignored.
cats captivated.


doorway in pastel.
trace the patterns as you push.
enter and find......what?
and must I fall now
just a skeleton remains
yet I am lovely.



Here is another verse form I was unfamiliar with:

7 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Beautiful! I just forwarded this post to my niece who is trying her own hand at Haiku!

betty-NZ said...

Great photos and verse!

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

I especially like how the first one sounds when you read it aloud:

"let long legs linger
pink pillows feel soft pressure.
insect and perfume"

Jo said...

Hi Brenda WOW! I've bookmarked this for myself! These are beautiful. The only verse I know is Haiku and I appreciated your post immensely. Wow! You are a talented lady. Thanks for the post.

Tumblewords: said...

Super post! I love haiku - the photos are glorious, too! I'll follow the link. Thank you!

Margaret Gosden said...

Nice combinations of haiku and pictures. That bridge is fascinating. When it is not enlarged it looks like a finger ring, or a round eye. I missed these since they came out sooner than expected.

Kat said...

WOW.. you've now conquered the Japanese Haiku too. What a glorious poemprint.