Saturday, May 16, 2009

Songs of Praise?

I chose this illustration because it looks religious and secular at the same time. I am an agnostic.But I had an intensely religious upbringing and I did enjoy the poetry and theatre that went with religion.

Inspired by
 ACROSTICS
choice
'PRAISE THE LORD!'



SONGS OF PRAISE?

Psalms are the richest poetry.
Responses resonate with me.
Amen is a word that ends and closes;
In it a wealth of peace reposes.
Songs of Praise lift up the hearts.
Evensong....... the quietness starts. 
*
Testaments tell many a story.
Heaven! Promise of endless glory!
Easter, Christmas, special dates
*
Lent, as the world for Easter waits.
Old habits are quite hard to break;
Religion, though, is hard to take.
Despite the lure of songs and psalms, I am impervious to its charms!
*


Another view of religion here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/04/meme-scheme.html

7 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia Spain
thank you

http://trucadors.blogspot.com
http://telamamaria.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

You voiced my sentiments beautifully, Brenda,

Diligent Daydreamer said...

I liked this poem you sumed up a lot of the things that people notice when growing up with religion

Unknown said...

Well done! That illustration is perfect. As a (mostly) agnostic myself (if that makes any sense), I understand your viewpoint on the illustration.

Regards from Massachusetts,
Pagan Sphinx

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

I am always amazed at what you come up with ... I truly enjoyed this.

Maggie said...

I heard the song being sung in this piece.

Kat said...

A cute praise of the Lord
and a cute tangent hit at the end, by an agnostic..!!!