Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mystery Pose


The photographs at EVERY PHOTO TELLS A STORY are copyright protected and so I usually find an alternative. However, today's picture was so unusual that I couldn't find a similar one.

View the original photograph here:


MYSTERY POSE!

I'm only an amateur photographer
But I must say I try to do my best.
I shoot all the females at my High School
Especially when they're formally dressed.
I like to do a special job on Prom Night, 
For that's when they really go to town,
And each one in finery's resplendent,
In a dress that could be a wedding gown.
They wear make-up that's absolutely flawless
And their hair's all fluffed out and sort of teased,
And my photos have always been successful;
 I can honestly say they've all been pleased.
But here I must announce the one exception!
 Taylor Smith has been quite dissatisfied!
Yes, she says that she's not prepared to pay me.
And goodness only knows, I've really tried.
She's been posed on a couch and on a staircase,
She's been draped over balustrades for hours.
I've arranged her on cushions and in gardens,
Where I paid for a sumptuous bunch of flowers.
'Tom, you must show my profile to advantage!
Tom! The skirt doesn't hang the way it should!
Tom! My hair looks a little bit too curly!
Tom! The background of that one isn't good!'
On and on she continued in this manner,
Till I felt I would give the job away!
But I felt rather stubborn I can tell you.
And, besides, I was counting on the pay.
In the end I decided I would pose her
In a way no-one ever thought to see.
I'm just about to hand her the photo.
Can you guess what her reaction will be?


A real-life mystery here:


2 comments:

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

Oh, pooh on me, I know(lol) But, that image certainly has a mysterious quality with that big ole' question mark:)

Your poem cracked me up, again. A perfect solution for a persnickety and spoiled rotten model like Taylor Smith!

Kat said...

Taylor Smith should learn to trust Tom, who has shot all the females in high school..!!!!