Sunday, May 8, 2011

Three Sisters



These were my Father's sisters
Sitting on a wall.
I only met them once or twice,
Hardly knew them at all.
Ollie, Emmie and Caroline;
My Dad was their only brother,
And he rarely visited his family,
After he married my Mother.
In those days distances seemed vast,
And we never had a car.
Travel from Kent to Devonshire!
 That would be too far.
So these Aunts were shadowy figures,
I hardly seemed related,
Family likenesses to them
Were never contemplated.
And yet, my sister, Mollee,
Shines out of Ollie's face,
And there are other likenesses
That I can clearly trace.
The way Ollie sits and holds her head,
The way she places her feet,
Are all reminiscent of Mollee,
And yet they would rarely meet.
Ollie, she's the one sitting on the left,
Was called Olive, but her name
Is so reminiscent of  'Mollee'
That they both sound just the same!
All this I'm only noticing
As I sit and blog today.
*
There's something almost magical
About our D.N.A.
*
------------------------------------------------------



COPY CAT!

The clouds above the Harbour Bridge are lined up in formation!
The line below, the stripes above, quite clear!
As though a sky-borne artist had arranged the situation
And he knew exactly how things would appear.
The sky must be a mirror and the clouds a bright reflection
Of the edifice that's lying down below!
*
Of course I know and know full well that there is no connection!
Serendipity has just put on a show!
*

1 comment:

Kathe W. said...

family resemblaces and behaviors can be darn right spooky!