Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oddballs




GRANDMA'S GOULASH
http://grandmas-goulash.info/
chose the very odd illustration!

ODDBALLS

'Mr Peculiar! You're a square!
Part of you just isn't there!

'It's a rectangle if you please;
It always happens when I sneeze!
And how can you see it? You've got no eyes!'

'You're very quick with your replies!
My eyes are on the other side.
Both of them are open wide.
I like to be a bit informal,
But, unlike you I am quite normal.'

'Mr Odd! Don't be so rude!
You'll put me in a nasty mood.

Hey! Look at that person looking at us!
If I looked like that I'd make a fuss.'
*
-----------------------------------------------------------


ENGROSSED

Little girl finds a treasure.
Wet sand, a worm, some seaweed, or some junk!
Who cares! It is the centre of her world.
*

11 comments:

SparkleFarkel said...

Your edition of Succintly Yours is a delicious adventure in fine reading! YUM and bravissimo!

Deborah said...

I loved them both, but I thought Engrossed was just lovely.

EG CameraGirl said...

Hehehe! Very odd illustration indeed and wonderful poem to accompany it!

Sonia said...

hilarious!

Susan Fobes said...

I always love your poetry, and this one made me laugh out loud tonight!

Akelamalu said...

Great poetry to go with the SY picture - well played. :)

Porky said...

This prompt is definitely drawing out the fun, and your take has it in bags. Very enjoyable.

Pat said...

I love your SY poem! We all note the peculiarities of others, don't we? Thanks for the laugh.

The little girl playing in the sand poem is just too sweet.

Pooch said...

It may not be micro, but it is witty and clever!
:)

SJerZGirl said...

I love your story in rhyme! It fits the image so well! Bravo!!

http://sjerzgirlcanwrite.blogspot.com/2011/04/succinctly-yours-for-may-2-lenny.html

Grandma's Goulash said...

Funny with a bit of a moral - in poetry no less. Who could ask for anything more?