Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Electricity



BIFOCAL UNIVISION
http://bifocalunivision.blogspot.com/2011/05/mmpp-53011.html
supplied the illustration

ELECTRICITY!
(An Acrostic)

Energy that zips and flashes,
Likely to singe us all to ashes!
Enter here at your own risk!
Consider your exit may be brisk!
The white-hot heat will surge right through you!
Radiant heat will quite undo you!
If you tamper with this lock
Consider the electric shock!
Idiots may think they're smart;
Tampering with locks their chosen art.
You and I are much too clever.
Disobey this notice? Never!
*

---------------------------------------------------------



HEALTH WARNING!

To be sung to the tune of 'That's Why the Lady is a Tramp'.

I get too hungry for dieting stuff!
Of things forbidden I can't get enough!
And deprivation can really be tough!
That's why I go ahead and eat!
My stomach rumbles when it is deprived!
It starts its purring when food has arrived.
That's why I'm healthy and why I've survived.
And why I go ahead and eat!
I love the smell of any old roast!
That is my boast.
I've grossed
The most!
I'm salivating from morning till night.
I'm in a frenzy to bite that first bite.
I lie and chew when I've turned down the light!
I think that food is hard to beat.
Be devils! Go ahead and eat!
*

3 comments:

Bubba said...

Nicely done, Brenda! That's the very first acrostic ever done for M.M.P.P.

Thanks for joining in again! :)

Kathe W. said...

great acrostic!

Lynette Killam said...

I loved your acrostic, Brenda. And yes, I did sing along with your "Health Warning", getting really loud on, "That's why I go ahead and eat"!

Both great pieces that I thoroughly enjoyed reading...:)