Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Soothing Thought



BIFOCAL UNIVISION
gave us the illustration

SOOTHING THOUGHT

'You'll never make old bones' they said;
Yet here I am, looking very dead.
An old bone lying in the sand
For whom there's something special planned.
For I am a wish-bone, so they say,
Able to wish nice things your way.
Soon someone will see me lying around,
Here on my cardboard-looking ground,
And they will snap me right in two
Hoping their wishes will come true.
But I have a wish of my very own,
Which might seem strange for a dead old bone.
I wish that, after death, will follow
A brand new life as a soaring swallow!
And, yes, there on the ground I see
The shape of my future destiny!
As a swallow I will fly
Away, away in the bright blue sky.
Dreams of Heaven are fortifying
And this old bone dreams of swallow-flying.
*
--------------------------------------------

COPYRIGHT MONSIEUR?

Claude Monet, eat your heart out! I've found lilies of my own!
Alright! I know this snapshot is nothing like a clone!
It lacks a certain something; I think it's called a soul!
But I didn't have to dab and brush and go through that rigmarole!
I simply clicked a button, and there was my work of art!
And if you squint your eyes a bit you can't tell us apart!
Also I offer a bonus! A reflection of a tree!
We're certainly artistic! Claude Monet and me!
*

4 comments:

The Redneck Rosarian said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I very much enjoyed "Soothing Thought". Excellent.

Short Poems said...

Lovely writing. Enjoyed it :)
Warmly
Marinela x

Evelyn said...

Nice, your poems are always strong.

Bubba said...

A dandy one, Brenda! I like the wishbone dreaming of swallow-flying, which is interesting because I think the shadow in the picture somewhat resembles a swallow. Very nice!