Friday, May 27, 2011

Oh Chocolate!



MAD KANE
asks for a limerick on the subject of Chocolate.

&

POETS UNITED
http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2011/05/thusday-think-tank-50-chocolate.html
chooses the same theme!

OH CHOCOLATE!

Oh choc'late, you wonderful bean!
With your taste and incredible sheen,
Just like doughnuts and chips
You've gone straight for my hips
And the whole world can see where you've been!
*
After publishing this I received an unsolicited piece of advice which may interest my readers.

Treat yourself and those you love to the “Healthy Chocolate!"
"Xocai Healthy Chocolate”, which is "70% Cocoa", is a "guilt free" alternative to the traditional chocolate consumed which are low in the "antioxidant rich"
unprocessed cocoa powder and "high in sugar."
-------------------------------------------------------------


PHOTOGRAPHIC PHOBIA!

So how do Strangers react when you take a photograph?'.
Do they frown or sneer or turn their backs on you and laugh?
Well, my problem isn't strangers; they're usually quite O.K.
In fact, the very worst they do is quickly turn away.
But family! That's another thing. My camera is taboo!
'Not again!' they gasp and mutter when I look for something new.
This was supposed to be my son, Greg, with his Harry on his knee,
I pictured a family portrait saved for eternity.
I imagined seraphic expressions, or a warm and friendly smile,
But I soon learned co-operation isn't the family style.
Harry made a sort of attempt at a really cherubic face,
But Greg was past pretending; he really fell from grace.
So, is blood thicker than water! It seems to me it's not!
Oh well, there's always tomorrow to try for the perfect shot!
*

11 comments:

Lolamouse said...

Yes, chocolate does tend to leave its mark, especially on my stomach and hips. But I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny and miserable!

Judith C Evans said...

I agree with lolamouse...besides, experts are saying that dark chocolate is a health food, right? Thanks for sharing this fun poem!

Liz Rice-Sosne said...

This whole package ... the whole thing is such a delight!

earlybird said...

Nooo! chocolate isn't like doghnuts and chips. Chocolate has all sorts of good things in it - if you eat one with high cacao content... Good limerick though.

The Poet said...

Two delights in one.

Lovely.

Thanks for sharing the fun.

Margaret said...

Perfect chocolate poem. I can relate. The photographic challenge is to capture them unawares! Good luck. :)

Adam Green said...

http://adampaulgreen.com/

Treat yourself and those you love to the “Healthy Chocolate!"
"Xocai Healthy Chocolate”, which is "70% Cocoa", is a "guilt free" alternative to the traditional chocolate consumed which are low in the "antioxidant rich"
unprocessed cocoa powder and "high in sugar."

~Adam Paul Green
http://mxi.myvoffice.com/cacaopow/
http://myxocai.com/cacaopow/chocolate-and-weight-loss-1
http://myxocai.com/cacaopow/15-reasons-to-try-xocai

Peggy said...

Oh yes, chocolate heads right for my hips as well. But it is oh go good--and who wants chocolate without the unhealthy stuff!

I like your photo phobia poem as well. One of our family members almost always has her hands over her face in every photo--until she got Alzheimers and now she seems to love to have her photo taken. LOL

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Still laughing at your chocolate limerick!

Ella said...

I loved your limerick; it was clever and true~ Well Done~

Serving Hugs on a Platter and Tears in a Teacup said...

Short and sweet! Loved it!

~alaurilee