Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sun, Sea, Sky, Skate

            Press Photograph

WATERY WEDNESDAY
SUN, SEA, SKY, SKATE

'A Brand New Facility.'
Thus is it described in the press.
But 'facility' is a cold word,
A word belonging to officialdom.
I hear echoes
Of other,
More delectable words.....
Such as
Speed,
 Youth,
Vigour,
Danger,
 Experiment.
And I see the clouds echoing the sea
And the sea echoing the structure.
I see a man-made wave
Echoing the others
Beyond Bar Beach.
I see a body flying
Through crystal air,
Echoing the strivings of Icarus.
And, in this picture,
I see a work of art.
*
---------------------------------------------------------------------

GLACIER
An Acrostic

Grinding so slowly down the mountain side.
Leisurely, languid, see it glide.
Almost motionless, but not quite.
Carving a pathway, left and right.
Icy, sparkling, petrified stream;
Every facet seems to gleam.
Rivers fed by the melting ice
Will fill the paddy-fields with rice.
*

4 comments:

Pearl said...

Nice. :-) Enjoyed both pieces.

Pearl

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Yes, maybe kids on BMX bikes are striving to emulate Icarus.

SKY DITTY

A little birdie told me,
Although I don’t know why,
That if I were to look up,
Way up into the sky,
I’d see some wondrous planets,
The moon and sun and stars –
There before my very eyes
Blazed Jupiter and Mars!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Healing Clouds

Margaret Gosden said...

Lovely capture in the first photo. I like your playful structure of the rime very much!

Kay L. Davies said...

Wow, and that's a press photo? Someone did a great job, although I'm glad I'm not that kid's grandmother!
Good stuff, as always, Brenda.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel