Monday, May 9, 2011

Brag Bag!



BLUE MONDAY


BRAG BAG

Isn't this a handsome grandson!
Don't all grandmothers like to brag?
Ask them about handsome grandsons
And you almost need a gag!
This is my Numero Uno;
I now have another two.
But I saw Blake in this blue shirt
I thought 'He'll do for Blue!'
*
-----------------------------------------------------------


THE CINNAMON CAT

I'm a black tom-cat, all sleek and fat.
A no-nonsense cat, never doubt that!
I eat fish-heads found in the gutter;
Stale bits of bread with rancid butter.
I howl with rage in the dead of night
To give old ladies an awful fright.
My name is Blade, a good strong name,
A name that puts pussy-cat names to shame.
My fur is as black as the jet black night,
And my eyes shine with a malevolant light.
I'm rough and tough and entirely male
From the tip of my nose to the tip of my tail.
But something's changed, I'm a ball of fur!
I love to cuddle! I love to purr!
I've never been in love before!
But now I've met Cinnamon, the cat next door!
*





3 comments:

LV said...

We are entitled to bragging rights. You have every right to be proud of this young fellow.

Mirage said...

Surely handsome! Hopefully not a heartbreaker...yet :D

SmilingSally said...

Clearly, you have good reason to brag; he's precious, and I love that blue shirt!

Happy Blue Monday, Brenda.