Monday, May 2, 2011

Clover Honey

                                    Cicely Mary Barker

MONDAY'S CHILD
chose the illustration
CLOVER HONEY
(A poem for small children)

Fairy Clover said to Bee
"Please save all that honey for me!
At breakfast time, when I have my toast,
I like the honey from clover most.
I don't like jam or marmalade;
Honey puts both of them in the shade.
Honey is golden, honey is sweet
Honey's a wonderful breakfast treat.
Work as hard as you are able
And then deliver it to my table."
*
Said Bee " I don't much care about you.
A bee has better things to do,
Than worry about your breakfast food!
I think you're being rather rude!
I slave away from morn till night
Getting my honey-collecting right
In order to feed my baby bees
At home in the nest high in the trees.
Your breakfast doesn't matter to me!"
And he buzzed away very angrily!
*

----------------------------------------------------------


SUDDENLY, SILENCE

The cacophony of the busy street.
The blare of the traffic.
A glance to the left. Suddenly, silence.
*

1 comment:

signed...bkm said...

Delightful....you link did not hook up right so I am going to link it to Mondays child again...bkm