Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cheating


THREE WORD WEDNESDAY
asked us to use incensed, skid and damp.
I cheated.


CHEATING

I'm incensed for my new car
Hadn't travelled very far
Before it got into a skid!
I didn't like it but it did!
It was wet and the road was damp!
I suddenly got an awful cramp!
My leg shot out, and a second later
I had hit the accelerator!
Bonnet dented, plus my pride.
I felt so cross I damned near cried!
*
Did you see what I just did!
I used incensed and damp and skid!
*

------------------------------------------

THE WAITING GAME

Not far from the busy roads,
Not far from the urban sprawl,
A little seat beneath the trees
Takes no notice of it all.
It is waiting for a weary walker
Who's trudged the river's banks,
To sink down with a grateful sigh
And quietly murmur 'Thanks.'
*

9 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Your new car story sounds like it's your story! Quite unnerving, especially for the pride! And love the quitness of the poem about the seat!

earlybird said...

Both of these made me smile but particularly 'cheating' great use of the prompts!

Jarvis said...

Rhymes!! Oh boy, I'm allergic.

Sheilagh Lee said...

I could picture this all.love the waiting game as well I could picture that spot.In fact I think of been there.

Old Egg said...

I don't call that cheating at all. And thank you so much for that seat I needed it. Brilliant poems again!

Anonymous said...

Lovely write. Fun and vexing at once.

Altonian said...

Jolly good poems, as always. I gave up driving a long time ago - it's a bike, or shanks' pony now, so that seat would come in useful now and then.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for the car but the poem was very amusing =) Great job!

Anonymous said...

Heh, well after you bust the bonnet of your car, you'll have to walk for a while eh! Definitely need the seat after a long day of trudging about.

Both were excellent; the rhyme kept it light.