Sunday, June 5, 2011

Winter Beach



I SAW SUNDAY

WINTER BEACH

We took a picnic tea down to the water,
Though it was chilly, even in the sun.
This is the view we looked at as we sat there.
It's very clear that winter has begun.
The oval pool you see here is the children's,
Obviously emptied for a clean,
But still some hardy souls are by the water
Though it's definitely not a summer scene.
*

-----------------------------------------------------------------


THE IN-BODY EXPERIENCE!

Maxine and I, we think as one!
Old age is really not much fun!
Finding that ones outer shell
Is giving-up is just pure hell!
Parts that once were lithe and slim
Now are shriveled-up and grim!
Parts once rounded now are fat,
And really not worth looking at!
People say 'For goodness sake
Don't leap naked from a birthday cake!'
Doctors really earn their pay
Studying, day after day,
Every ghastly variation
On the human situation!
But, though I am an old has-been
My brain is fixed at about sixteen!
And I'm sure Maxine is just the same!
Both of us still in the game!
*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Join the club, Rinkley. I loved your picture. I'd love to have a chat with you, to see if you actually speak in rhyme! You make it seem easy, and I know jolly well it's not!

Susannah said...

Hi Brenda and thank you very much for leaving your link at I Saw Sunday, it is great to have you on board. :-)

Winter or not in your photo the beach still looks wonderful. I loved your rhymes and I shall have to take notice of the second one and take the advice to NOT leap naked from a birthday cake as it is my partners birthday today! :-)

I hope you join us again next week.

Arianna said...

I love your poem, Winter Beach. It's a lovely view, even if it was chilly! I confess, I'm having a hard time imagining winter or anything cold. It's a miserably hot day where I live :)

Elizabeth said...

Lovely photo, but it does look cold. Wonderful tribute to Maxine who used to make me howl, but now I find I just smile quietly and nod in agreement.

Elizabeth

earlybird said...

I really enjoyed both of these. The beach does look cold, despite the sun and the blueness of the sea and sky.

The In-body Experience is clever and funny. Well done.