Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Next Step



SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS
http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/2011/06/271-next-step.html
supplied the topic

THE NEXT STEP

I'm all for marking time
And staying in one spot.
My life is such a pleasure to me.
I'm happy with what I've got.
I don't want to step backward,
Though I found pleasure there;
I don't want to step forward
Into what could be thin air.
Left, right, left, right, marking time,
With no 'next step' at all.
That may be rather wimpish,
But then, I'm having a ball.
*

--------------------------------------------------
LOVE!

Isn't this the most romantic shot you've ever seen!
Far surpassing shots of bridal glory!
The honeymoon is over but romance has kept its sheen,
And, day by day, they're living a Love Story.
I saw them at the beach with their delightful little boy,
Who was dabbling in the water, unaware
That his parents were expressing a unique and charming joy;
The world was watching, but they didn't care.
True love does not depend upon 'the wedding' or 'the dress',
Or the photographs bedecked with silver hearts.
This photograph, to me, expresses special happiness,
It's how a romance grows, not how it starts.
*

11 comments:

Jae Rose said...

Absolutely true! There is much to be said for 'marking time' in a place that makes you happy..It will be interesting to see if anyone else has the courage to say that in their post about 'next steps'..Jae

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading these. It sounds like your having a great time. Thinking about next steps not necessary!

World So Wide said...

Your rhymed poem is hilarious!!!

Mary said...

I understand completely. Sometime the best 'next step' is no step at all!

Altonian said...

Dead right! I think it was Alan Bennett who said, "If it is not neccessary to change, it becomes neccessary Not to change."
Your second, romantic piece is very true too.

Berowne said...

"Left, right, left, right, marking time, with no 'next step' at all."
Yes, there's something to be said for jogging in place. :-)

Serena Shay said...

Not wimpish at all! Fabulous poem, Brenda. :)

Kate said...

How amazing to be in the moment, and happy!

gsb3 said...

Enjoyed your poem. Interesting how you turned it around and took the opposite take. Nice job.

Bluebethley said...

A lovely set of poems, both with an optimistic celebration of love and life. A pleasure to read.

Ceebie said...

Love this concept. When the present is so wonderful, you just want to stay put and soak in the moment...Because who knows what the next step will bring!