Monday, June 20, 2011

One on the Nose




CARRY ON TUESDAY
http://carryontuesdayprompt.blogspot.com/2011/06/carry-on-tuesday-110.html
asks us to use this phrase from Muhammad Ali
'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.'

ONE ON THE NOSE
Since  am not Muhammad Ali
I sting like a butterfly and float like a bee!
Uncoordinated! That's my story;
Definitely never, never bound for glory.
I fly like an elephant and swim like a pig!
I can't even do an Irish Jig.
I dance like a cuttlefish and leap like a worm.
I'm old and battered and quite infirm.
I throw like a snake and jump like a mole
And golf balls never end up in the hole.
But I'm very, very, very good at just being me.
That's one on the nose for Muhammad Ali!
*

------------------------------------------


SENTINEL

The small boats come, the small boats go;
Day after day, now to, now fro.
The children leap and prance and play,
Here in the shallows every day.
The fish, unseen, swim slow and fast;
The pelicans float proudly past.
The birds swoop swiftly through the sky;
The clouds go scudding way up high.
Only the tree, impassive, grand,
Stands still, locked fast into the land.
*

10 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, great writes as always. Both fun in different ways:-)

Andy McDonald said...

Loved it. Really funny and well written use of the prompt. Your poetry is well coordinated at least!

Whitesnake said...

Definitley a Knockout!

Mike Patrick said...

Oh, Rinkly, fabulous humor balanced by beauty. A perfect duo.

Nara Malone said...

Laughing, so funny. Great job with the prompt.

Anonymous said...

But I'm very, very, very good at just being me

Oh very true, Mike!! Fun post - bringing quite a giggle!! Thanks for that!!

Anonymous said...

I like both of these but the first one in particular is very funny.

gsb3 said...

This is hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. Very inventive.

gautami tripathy said...

Nice work!

fruits dance on the walls

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

wow, cool.

http://bluebellbooks.blogspot.com/

welcome linking in.