Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tiger


Tensely waiting behind the tree.
Immaculate, and ever free.
Great, wild, powerful creature,
Energy in every feature.
Respect is something you deserve.
I must simply keep my nerve!
*
--------------------------------------------

REGAL TRAIN!

Simplicity! The church, the flowers, the decorated pews!
This is not a wedding that will feature on the news!
This is a Country Wedding, private to a degree;
There's absolutely nothing here for the world at large to see.
Just well-loved relations and friends from down the street.
Everything that's local, familiar and sweet.
No Papparazi hanging round! No hoards of screaming fans!
No TV commentators demanding future plans.
No helicopters overhead, whirring to get a view,
No nosey Parkers finding out what she wore for 'something blue'.
A beautiful Country Wedding, delightfully serene.
But look at that train!
Some country boy is marrying a Queen!
*
----------------------------------------------------
PS
We enjoyed another low-key melodrama day yesterday. The weather was abysmal and so our audience of pensioners was depleted. I think there were only about thirty of them and eight of us! We ended our 'Cinderella' presentation with a musical quiz which went down well.


From the blur I think I must have been waving my arm about!


And here are the others. It's hard to believe we were having fun!

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Fun poems and fun to see you and your group performing. I like checking out your blog.

Amanda said...

My oh my, that train looks indeed regal. :)

Roger Owen Green said...

I'm sad the tiger is imperiled. Nice poem

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Meryl said...

What a lovely tiger poem and lovely image too.

Tumblewords: said...

Great stuff. Sometimes fun can't be seen - can only be felt! I know you were having fun...

Christine said...

Your a very busy person, was this a wedding you attended? The dress looks amazing.