Sunday, June 5, 2011

Graph Laugh



GRANDMA'S GOULASH
http://grandmas-goulash.info/2011/06/succinctly-yours-week-11/
asked for a very brief story to accompany this shot

GRAPH LAUGH

The Managing Director's absconded;
He's left-behind this graph.
And he's left a sneaky little note.......
'I hope you like my last laugh!'
*

--------------------------------------------------------



ENCOMPASSED!

Is this the water? Is this the sky?
Is it below? Is it on high?
It's dimpled and the sun is muted!
The clouds are crimped and convoluted!
The sky is captured! The sky is framed!
Two elements completely tamed!
The sky's imprisoned down below.
A simple trough has brought it low!
*

12 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such a nasty farewell from the Managing Director! Great twist! And love the reflection of a sky in words and image!

jabblog said...

'Graph laugh' - very clever:-)

Sonia Lal said...

That's one way to say goodbye! Very good. Like the second, poem, too, all the sky and water.

Kay L. Davies said...

I agree, "Graph Laugh" is very clever, as are you, Brenda.
Great reflection photo!
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Helen said...

Whoa did you take the company funds too?

Very good microfiction!

Pat said...

What a wicked CEO! I love your sky-in-the-water-trough poem, too!

Grandma's Goulash said...

Is that a graph of the company's remaining funds? I'll bet that manager is laughing all the way to some remote tropical island.

Anyes said...

How mean can one be? I guess her sowed them all ;-)

Calico Crazy said...

Such a naughty manager, unfortunately there seem to be enough of his kind to keep the bad news coming.

I really enjoyed Encompass, it made me stop and think. ~ Calico Contemplations

Susan Fobes said...

As always, you are the poet master... I enjoyed them immensely!

Lynette Killam said...

I enjoyed your 'Graph Laugh' very much, and loved the trough photo and poem...:)

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Love both of these. I enjoyed them! You always hit the mark beautifully.