Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Resurrection!


RESURRECTION!

For a day,
Maybe for three or four,
They stood there,
One February.
*
Delighting my heart and my eyes.
A birthday gift
From a very special daughter.
*
They should have lasted forever
In all their crimson
Cheerfulness.
But they didn't get the message!
*
They died.
*
I could no longer look at them
And think 'I'm a lucky woman!'
*
The water grew murky,
The stems grew slimy,
The petals fell.
There was nothing for it but the bin.
*
The thrill was over.
*
Yet now, through the magic of technology,
The world can see, once again,
What a lucky woman I was!
*
And I can say, once more,
'Thank you, Rebecca.'
*
--------------------------------------------------------------------
TECHNOLOGY
An Acrostic

True, it's brought us gadget toys beyond our wildest dreams!
Everything that can be made is being made it seems!
Clever people keep 'improving life', or so they say.
Happily we grasp at every brand new chance to 'play'.
Now we have the whole world in our grasp with just one click!
Ordinary people are becoming 'wise' and 'slick'.
Letters once were written with such elegance and grace;
(Oh, what we have lost pursuing this, our faster pace!)
Gains are always matched by losses, downsides must exist.
Yes! We've gained an awful lot.
*
But should we now desist?
*

2 comments:

Dinah said...

what lovely flowers! they may die, but the feelings left with us will stay ;-)

tarsier

eileeninmd said...

Great poem and I love the flower arrangment. The gerbera are my favorites. Happy Ruby Tuesday!