Thursday, June 21, 2012

Silver Sea



WATERY WEDNESDAY

THE WEEKEND IN BLACK AND WHITE

SILVER SEA

Homer had his wine-dark sea;
My sea is silver-bright.
The magic of variety;
The dark and then the light.
*
----------------------------------------------------


                                                                                   Margaret Gosden

DUSK

Deep in the rock-pools something stirs,
And then, like curtains falling,
The shades of night blot out the sky,
As a lone sea-bird is calling.
I warm my hands at the setting sun
As I face its fading splendour,
Before the light gives way to dark
And the seas surrender.
*

1 comment:

Margaret Gosden said...

Dusk. It is good to see that again! I wonder where it is now? It is one of a series I did, using found wood washed up on the beach. How I used it seemed appropriate in those days since the view from the house was simply one of water and a pylon or two starting at the bottom of the back garden. Thank you for posting it again with one of your insightful poems!