Sunday, June 17, 2012

Parenthood



SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS
chose the topic

PARENTHOOD
(An Acrostic)

Put your trust in me, my little angel!
All my hopes and fears are bound in you.
Rest assured I'll never, never leave you.
Every wish you wish I'll make come true.
The pinnacle of life! To be a father!
How did I ever live before you came?
Outsiders cannot know the bond we're forging.
Only you, my love, will ever say my name.
'Daddy!' 
(That's me)
*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


IN PASSING

Oh dear! She's slipped on a banana skin!
I'll try to hide my gleeful grin!
Mummy thinks it's a tragedy,
But it's a triumph for little me.
Serves her right! She stole my man!
The banana skin was a master plan.
This was my last and only chance
Of stopping him taking her to the dance.
Maybe I'll wrest him from her clutches
When she is hobbling around on crutches!
*

14 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

Lovely poems, both of them. You are so right about the bond forged between parent and child, a love beyond all measure, a trust far greater than any other!
~Josie Two Shoes~
Two Shoes In Texas 

George S Batty said...

it's always hard to say something more about your posts than..."Awesome...funny and always...always... apropos.

Old Egg said...

What a consummate story teller you are in your poetry. You even give us an alternative each time just in case the first piece doesn't grab us!

Susan said...

I adore the Acrostic for parenthood: A fine gift to a child from a father.
And I Giggle at the revenge poem because you made me through your poem "in Passing." Does the old banana peel comeuppance really work?

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I so adore the top poem about fatherhood. And I love the impish creature in the second poem:)

Mary Ann Potter said...

Both poems are such nicely done works! My son celebrated his first Fathers' Day yesterday, and I know he'd know about "the pinnacle of life - to be a father!"

Scarlet said...

What lovely gems....though the first about parenthood touched my heart ~

Helen said...

You certainly know how to double our pleasure ......

Laura said...

adored your acrostic!

Unknown said...

the fatherhood piece is so poignant, especially as i watch my son parent his son.

http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2012/06/18/tucson-summer/

Mystic_Mom said...

What a neat pair of poems, I like them both!

Jinksy said...

What a huggable baby! ♥

Judy Roney said...

What a wonderful Acrostic. I love the way you took it from the child's side of being loved like that.

Anonymous said...

really good acrostic

banana skin...hmmmm interesting concept

defining mama one