Saturday, June 30, 2012

Maritime Optimist


PINK SATURDAY

MARITIME OPTIMIST

Unfolding like a flower,
See the dolphin grow.
Changing hour by hour,
Putting on a show.
In Mother's secret places
Developing all the while,
And, ready for the big wide sea,
Already wearing a smile.
He'll emerge with a cheerful leaping,
And a great love of the deep,
But, for now, he's sleeping.
And smiling in his sleep.
*
-----------------------------------------------------------


RAW MATERIAL

Well, here it is folks! You've been warned!
My study completely unadorned.
The empty 'page' up on the screen;
Till I started writing, nice and clean.
The straggly wires which are never neat,
Twining themselves where I put my feet.
The calendar open for reference dates;
The rubbish, which proliferates.
Scraps of paper, which I dislike,
And which should be saved on a metal spike.
My chair, with a sort of mesh addition,
Forcing me into the right position.
My keyboard, bought as a gift last week,
Because the old one was antique.
The lead from my camera on the floor,
Where it has been many times before.
Do I feel guilty? Not a bit!
I relish the many hours I sit
In this scruffy study place
Far away from the human race.
I hear, from below, the TV blaring,
Something which I'll soon be sharing,
For soon my husband will call to me
'Come on down: I've made the tea!'

*

1 comment:

Johanna Ellen said...

What an amazing picture! happy Pink Saturday!
I'm very sorry my pinking is so late! I'm feeling bad that I wasn't able to do it yesterday! rrr
well anyways would you mind checking out our pinks and vote on your favorite on the form of a comment? Thank you! And God bless Here's the web address - just copy and past it - http://www.wwwpicnic.blogspot.com/