Monday, July 30, 2012

Time Traveller


BLUE MONDAY
TIME TRAVELLER

Next time you go to London,
Make sure that you're aware
Of this celebrated gentleman;
You'll find him everywhere.
He's lived before; he's living now;
He'll be living when you're gone.
His immortal life-span 
Goes on and on and on!


The plaques look very authentic,
But that is just a rumour.
They're here to show you that the Brits
Still have a sense of humour.
But wait! There's more! Why, here he is!
On the cover of a book!
That proves the gentleman exists.
Go to London! Take a look!



*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHEN I AM OLD

'When I am old' said Daisy,
'I'll sit beneath a tree
And I'll be wise and clever;
People will visit me.
I'll sit there in my rocking-chair
With a shawl around my shoulder
And everyone will look-up to me
Because I'm so much older.
The tree will be big and shady
To shelter me from the sun,
And I'll be a sweet old lady,
Welcoming everyone.'
' But' said Mother, 'How do you know
The right tree will be growing?
There may not be a handy tree.
There's just no way of knowing.'
'Then I'll plant a tree!' said Daisy,
'A big tree of my own!
When I am old, the tree will be big!
Both of us will have grown!'
*

8 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Those signs are awesome!

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the tree-planting. I plant trees whenever and wherever I can.
K

RobinfromCA said...

Brilliant signs! When I was in England one year I found a plaque that says "On this date in 1476 nothing happened." I had to bring it home and hang it on my house here in California!

SmilingSally said...

Love the time traveler signs!

Happy Blue Monday, Brenda.

Pie said...

Cool signs.

My Blue.

Leah H. said...

That is one cool Blue plaque:)

Visiting for Blue Monday- hope you can stop by..

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/07/newest-baby-2012-yamaha-rhino-700.html

joanne said...

Love both yours, and the Brits', sense of humor....did you catch the queen sky-diving?

Unknown said...

i wish i could meet that time traveler :) Hope you can stop by at my blue monday: http://www.heartscontentofamama.com/2012/07/vince-moments-on-our-drive-rest-stops.html