Monday, July 16, 2012

And He Did!


THE MAG
http://magpietales.blogspot.com.au/
supplied the illustration


AND HE DID!

I told him to go.....and he went.
*
Last night was the first I've spent
Alone since we married five years ago...............
I remember when he said 'Hallo';
I knew from the start, when it all began,
That he was a very special man.
'Made to measure'....I used to say!
And I remember our wedding day.
'What a lovely couple you are' they said;
And both of us viewed the years ahead
As a loving stroll through a woodland glen.
But, back then, what did I know of men?
*
Oh yes, he was kind, but he had to confess
He left the bathroom in an awful mess.
Oh yes, he was sweet, but he dropped his crumbs;
I wanted my house as tidy as Mum's.
Oh yes, he bought gifts, but he spilt his tea,
Something quite annoying to  me.
Oh yes, he was tender, but his style of dress
Was never likely to impress.
Oh yes, he was loving, but keen on sport;
Often on the tennis court.
Oh yes, he was faithful; he never strayed
But that first attraction began to fade.
*
Now I've woken up and I want him back!
Any wonder that I'm wearing black!
*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



GENDER GEOGRAPHY!

I wonder whether the chart above reflects reality.
I must say, thinking it over, that I'm inclined to agree.
The prison population certainly bears this out;
The prisons are over-run with men, of that there is no doubt.
And Ignoramuses abound among the men I know!
Pass some drunk men in the street and you will find it's so.
And, certainly, nearly all the Saints have been well-and-truly male;
The female ones, by comparison, seem lower down the scale.
As for Genius, undoubtedly the men can claim the most.
Nearly all the names are masculine; no wonder that they boast.
So the males inhabit the high ground, but they also grovel low.
Women are more average; this graphic tells us so.
But let us not feel too ashamed even though this fact is real;
It's the women of the world, my dears, who keep life on an even keel.
*

7 comments:

Helen said...

.. are you absolutely certain you want him back?

Maude Lynn said...

Excellent Magpie!

Trellissimo said...

The first line shows a lady of discernment! LOL

Wayne Pitchko said...

nicely done......thanks for sharing

Little Nell said...

Oh what a silly lady for sure, and she’s going to be a lonely one if she’s that picky. I enjoyed this one.

Tess Kincaid said...

Hind sight is always 20/20...

Kathe W. said...

Your poem is timely- I've been grouching to myself about the trail my sweetie leaves- could be worse- I could have no trail to follow! Thanks for the reminder!