Friday, July 13, 2012

Carved in Stone



WE WRITE POEMS
We've been asked to write our own epitaph but it's hard to take  an epitaph seriously because, obviously, it is never going to be needed!

CARVED IN STONE

WISHING IT COULD LAST FOREVER,
COULDN'T MAKE IT SO.
I CAME, I SAW, I LAUGHED A LOT
AND THEN I HAD TO GO.
*
-------------------------------------------


 YOUR DADDY!

Harry wasn't yet quite three
When he was over in Fiji.
He loved to dance, he loved to sing;
The feet could stamp; the arms could swing.
What a pity he wont recall
How he traveled there and had a ball!
*

9 comments:

irene said...

Simple and true ...I came I saw I love..then I had to die...

Hannah said...

"Laughing," that is so key!! Well said, Rinkly!! :)'s

Jules said...

Love to laugh!

I went with a tad more detail:
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/07/we-write-poems-114-engraved.html

nan said...

I absolutely love your epitaph! Keep it light, Rinkly!

Wayne Pitchko said...

carved nicely with a smile...thanks for sharing your words

vivinfrance said...

It suits you. Harry will probably remember a lot more than you think. But it made a cute poem.

neil reid said...

Thanks for playing along! I suspect that ending might be as fine a gift as beginning is. Forever, that just seems so big! (And I'm only "this much" tall.)

neil

Sharp Little Pencil said...

Loved the epitaph. I could not settle on one, so there's a pick and choose list! Yours was so funny, succinct, and rockin' the prompt. Amy
hdwoonie23@gmail.com

Sharp Little Pencil said...

Oops, that's someone else's address. Meant to leave a link!
http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/07/20/how-i-left-it-epitaph-for-we-write-poems/