Monday, July 16, 2012

Siamese Brolly


BLUE MONDAY
SIAMESE BROLLY

When he's carrying the umbrella, drips start dripping down your neck.
You're wet under the collar and your new hair-style's a wreck.
He's intending to be chivalrous when walking by your side
But the brolly that he's carrying needs to be a lot more wide.
So try this Siamese version, umbrellas 'joined at the hip'!
You can enjoy togetherness AND avoid that drip!
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not Me!


THE COMPLIMENT

A compliment that you expect,
That you consider quite correct,
Is not received with quite the verve
Of one you know you don't deserve.
You merely think 'Oh yes! That's right.'
No jigging about with wild delight!
But a compliment out of the blue,
That doesn't seem to apply to you,
Is thought about a lot, and cherished;
Some memories have never perished.
*
My handwriting is very bland,
A Kindergarten teacher's hand,
Formed by years of chalkboard writing,
Which, certainly, is not exciting.
I'm really quite ashamed of it.
It doesn't please me one little bit.
But an old friend once made this declaration,
Which filled me with strange jubilation!
'I've tried to fashion my hand on yours'
She said! My writing! With its flaws!
Enormously I was flabbergasted!
And the flabbergasting's lasted!
An undeserved compliment gives a thrill
That no deserved ones ever will!
*

12 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Do "umbrellas joined at the hip" really exist, or is this someone's fancy?

Monday Blues!

LadyD Piano said...

Wonderful! I wasn't familiar with the term for umbrella, I like it. K-handwriting made me chuckle being a K-music teacher. Your writing paints pictures in my mind. Great post!

Here's mine:


http://ladyd-books.blogspot.com/2012/07/car-show-and-garden-party.html

Margaret Gosden said...

What a good idea!

Margaret Gosden said...

What a good idea!

SmilingSally said...

I've seen umbrellas like this, and I think it's a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing these beautiful blues.

Happy Blue Monday, Brenda.

joanne said...

I have seen an ad for these umbrellas.....innovative idea...great rhymes, once again....and don't 'they' say that imitation is the greatest compliment you can get...

Leah H. said...

I like the Blue raindrops, interesting!

Visiting for BM- hope you can stop by..

http://www.harpsterschronicle.com/2012/07/beach-ball.html

Chubskulit Rose said...

It doesn't matter if the handwriting is bland as long as the content is delicious!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

HBM! Perfect for Blue Monday :)
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

I am smiling here after reading your poem. Very sweet and clever. Umbrella's really do not serve two people very well. Joined like you suggested is also a winning idea. Your Blue is very interesting today. Thank you for sharing it for Blue Monday.
Hugs, Jeanne

January Zelene said...

i like the the umbrella..:)

Dropping by from Blue Monday…Blue Wedding , Couple Swan, Crocs Replica and Blue Flowers

Anni said...

You are a brilliant writer! AND the umbrella is a superb idea! How fun!