Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dilly's Dress-Up





DILLY'S DRESS-UP
(A poem for Children)

Dilly Duck was excited
For she'd been invited
To a Fancy Dress Party that night.
'It's a slap-up affair
And I've nothing to wear!
I'll look such a terrible fright!'
*
Then there came into view
A ribbon of blue
Left-over from Easter last year.
It looked quite a mess
But, nevertheless,
The sight filled her full of good cheer.
*
She washed it and rubbed it,
And soaked it and scrubbed it,
And hung it outside on the line.
Then she ironed it neatly,
And changed it completely
Until it was perfectly fine.
*
Then she wound it around her
Till it covered and bound her.
Then Dilly the Duck said  'Oh my!
They'll all be impressed
When they see how I'm dressed!
And they'll shout 'Dilly's come as the
SKY!'
*
--------------------------------------------------------------

WHITE FLAMES

Rising like feathers into the air
From some unseen conflagration.
The white-heat chill of the climbing clouds.
*

7 comments:

T F Carthick said...

Nice one. Sure children will love this one.

Gemma Wiseman said...

A fun rollicking rhythm to enhance a story for children! Delightful!

signed...bkm said...

Love this especially the last two stanzas....and her name delightful Dilly Duck...happy Easter to her and you too Rinkly....blessings..bkm

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

playful and beautiful...

well done,

share 1 to 3 random poems with jingle poetry potluck now.

bless your heart.
Happy Easter!

tess said...

Such seamless timing! And, to be expected, an absolutely delightful tale that sails the blue skies.
Kudos to you, friend.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic site you have here but I was wondering if
you knew of any forums that cover the same topics discussed
in this article? I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get suggestions from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Kudos!\nFeel free to surf my web-site : wonderland fancy dress

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
What a lovely blog you have ?
I am a follower now.

--Nevey...