Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cruising Two

A CRUISE COMPENDIUM (Part Two)
Memories in Memes


WATERY WEDNESDAY
http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/

We headed up to Wallis Island; a mere dot in the sea.
It's manned for weather-forecasting! How lonely it must be!


BLUE MONDAY
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2011/04/blue-monday-easter-decorations.html

A different story by the pool! Bodies wall to wall!
Two thousand 'guests' were on the ship! But I didn't count them all!

But gentler spots were everywhere; not all was a noisy riot.
The library was a lovely spot for a little peace and quiet.


MELLOW YELLOW
http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/2011/04/mellow-yellow-monday-116.html

One day some drama woke us from our drifting lethargy!
The Rescue Helicopter arrived! Someone was sick at sea!




SCENIC SUNDAY
http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/

At Cairns we caught the Sky-Rail way up into the sky,
Viewing the rolling countryside from way, way up on high.


COLOR CARNIVAL
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2011/04/cruising-two.html

Once there we found the tourist shops. We didn't want to buy.
But this colourful display of 'things' very soon caught my eye.


That night was a 'formal' night and I dressed all in black.
(I usually favour dresses which are more like 'a la sack'!)



PINK SATURDAY

The theatre was spacious and all the shows were great.
We liked to watch the show first and then have our dinner late.



One night the Waiters sang to us, the songs of many nations;
Here they're joining in the fun before returning to their stations.


And finally, here's Malcolm, squinting at the sun.
Sailing through the Whitsundays was picturesque and fun
*

20 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Your cruise pictures are such fun. I always say my favorite souvenirs are the pictures I bring home. Thank you for sharing. We will be returning to a sister ship in a few weeks. ;)

Winifred said...

That looks great fun Brenda. You look very classy in that little black outfit. Love the jewellery!

Glad it wasn't you or Malcolm that was ill!

viridian said...

Looks like great fun! Happy Pink Saturday!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh lucky you! Happy Pink Saturday!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Your cruise looks so delightful,
A veritable display
Of festive sounds and smells and sights
Delightfully arrayed.

And you look snazzy dressed in black,
Your formal look for night,
I wish that you could see me now,
I really look a fright!

I'm running out of words to rhyme,
I'm slow to think a thought,
So I will end and wish you well
But tell me what you bought!

Happy Pink Saturday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

What a grand cruise & fun you hd ... don't you just love looking back thru the ictures, moments to treasure.

Have a sweet PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

FUN GIVEAWAY ends 4/10

LV said...

I have been on several cruises years ago when my husband was alive. We truly enjoyed them very much. Now, they are having so many problems, I have not taken one for a while. Looks like you enjoyed yours very much.

Terri Morse said...

It was great fun seeing photos of your cruise. I think you definitely had more fun at sea than the last time I was on a ship. A three and a half hour whale watch turned into a nightmare of seasickness! I'm glad your trip turned out much better! It's so wonderful that you and your husband can enjoy traveling together. Some of our happiest times have been the summers we traveled throughout the US, camping in all of the national parks. In those days, a room with an indoor loo was a palace :) Happy Pink Saturday! Terri

Andy said...

Looks like someone is enjoying life. Keep on clicking.

Bluebirds and Roses said...

Thank you for sharing your trip..love the pink backdrop...HPS!

gengen said...

What a nice view..Happy Scenic Sunday...

Jori said...

Thank you for sharing your cruise photos! How fun! Happy Pink Saturday!

Jessica said...

I live in Florida and have never been on a cruise!!! Looks like fun. If you have time check out my blog at www.adventureswithjessica.blogspot.com . I am trying to boost my number of followers. Thanks!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a fun cruise! You look absolutely stunning in your black outfit BTW!! We went on three cruises in one two-year period -- the first was to celebrate my 50th birthday, so it has been years and years ago now. We thought it was a lot of fun. But then we bought an RV....

Your rhyming story lines are terrific.

Liz said...

How fun! I enjoyed your photos.

Have a fabulous week!

Liz @ MLC

Kai Rui said...

very lovely place...nice to visit here..visiting from Scenic Sunday..Im your newest follower, hope you'll follow me back

take a peek on my entry
http://lovingoutliving.blogspot.com/2011/04/antulang-beach-resort.html

SmilingSally said...

Oh, Brenda, what a NICE time you're having! You know, I've never been on a cruise, so thanks for "taking me along" on yours.

Happy Blue Monday!

Be sure to check out my book giveaway.

gengen said...

So pretty..happy blue Monday...

Rechie said...

how i wish to experience riding a cruise ship..that's cruise ship is a big one! u have an awesome collction of photos here

my blue: drink mixing

Stef said...

As fotos, you have tons of it my child,Keanna