Friday, April 24, 2009

Whirlwind

ACROSTIC ONLY asks us to work with the phrase
WILD IS THE WIND.

Whisps of cloud stream across the sky
Ill-winds press me back.
Leaves and birds go whirling by
Down the dust-dazzled track.
*
If the wind should now decide,
Suddenly, to grow stronger,
*
Take me up for a crazy ride
Higher, wilder, longer!
Every cloud would buffet me
*
Whistling past my ears!
I'd be inside the cacophany,
New rain would be my tears!
Dangling in the sky, you would see me fly.


If you're interested in Acrostics here's another one
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/04/acrostic.html

9 comments:

Claudia said...

Lovely poem! You've got me curious about writing acrostics now. Very creative.

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

I so like what you did with this prompt, very creative indeed --

I almost went with "I Believe I Can Fly" ... but it kept me grounded. So I let the wild wind carry me.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.

Maggie said...

I could see you flying among the clouds as the wind swept you on a journey.

Great acrostic on the prompt.

anthonynorth said...

This reminds me so much of Dorothy taken up by the tornado.
I liked it.

The Write Girl said...

I love your acrostic. You convey great imagery in this piece. I can certainly feel the wind and I'm watching you fly!

Winnie the poohi said...

Oh I am yet looking for a theme to write on this phrase.. and I love this phrase :D :D

And i think your poem gave me the idea :D

Thank you for the pleasure of it!!

maglomaniac said...

Felt like I was flying.
Could hear the gush of wind in my ears.Wonderful Acrostic

~Harsha

Kat said...

Dangling in the sky, you would see me fly.You're indeed a superwoman :)))

LA Nickers said...

Skillfully done!