Monday, April 20, 2009

Wow!



WOW!

Little old lady; dead of night,
Wakes up, switches on the light.
Nothing but sport on the radio;
Decides that blogging's the way to go.
Takes her torch, creeps upstairs
And then is taken unawares!
She's won an award! Who'd have thought it!
The Acrostic bug! She has caught it!
She now announces her own success,
Brimming over with happiness!
But she mustn't let it go to her head!
So she's going back to bed!


The acrostic itself can be seen at
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/04/acrostic.html

5 comments:

Jinksy said...

Perchance to dream? ! x

Beek said...

I like the way the poem tells a story, and how the person reacts the award. I wish everyone could be so humble.

Thank you for your comments on my blog.

PS: I enjoyed your playlist, and really enjoyed The Bright Side of Life.

Busta's Pressure Clean said...

Congratulations Mum!

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

You are a natural, and I like your style! I am glad you found us, because your poetry is so very refreshing to read.

You remind me of my friend Maggie. She has that raw natural talent too, and it's always a joy to read.

Kat said...

At last...

People are waking up :)))

Congratulations..!!!