Saturday, April 11, 2009

Casting a Shadow





A contribution to SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY.
http://heyharriet.blogspot.com/2009/04/shadow-shot-sunday-46.html

Note! If he fell he'd land on a gentle grassy slope!


CASTING A SHADOW.


And is it so very long ago
Grandad and I walked along just so?
Was I the one so near the sky
Shouting out 'I high! I high!'
And did I feel so great and grand
Yet still in need of a helping hand?
And will that little hand, one day,
Help his grandson along the way?
And will his shadow walk behind
Bringing the shadowy past to mind?
And when, in time, we all are gone,
Will our shadows walk on and on...........................?

10 comments:

Shannon said...

THIS is SWEETNESS! Thank you for sharing such touching words!

The Retired One said...

I loved the poem and the photo...until I looked closer at the photo..then I worried the little boy would fall off the wall and off the cliff...it was too scary!
That Grandpa would have to be arrested for endangerment to the kid's safety!
ha

The Retirement Chronicles

A Wild Thing said...

Beautiful words and timeless photo...I too wrote today of a missed Grandparent, memories we never forget.

bobbie said...

This is a great photo. And I enjoyed your poem as well.

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely photo and shadow. The holding of hands shows so much strength, faith and love for each other.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Delightful shot and wonderful memories! Love the simple charm of the moment!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

What a sweet shot & shadow. Love the poem you've composed too - sweet all around!

Hey Harriet said...

A very sweet photo! And the poem is lovely. Yes, I like to think that our shadows will continue to walk on and on... :)

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest photo. I'm glad you mentioned the gentle grassy slope. Mother's always worry about that sort of thing ;) Such warm words too. Thanks for sharing your SSS, happy Easter!

Kat said...

The last two lines are very powerful lines... Every Grandson one day becoming a Grandad..

Reminds me of the last stanza in Titanic song...

You're here, there's nothing I fear,
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on...