Monday, April 27, 2009

Moo Coo!

HEADS OR TAILS
http://headsortailshome.blogspot.com/
requests
'SOMETHING FROM A FARM'
Will a 'coo' do?

I clicked-on a Scottish blog with the name 'Purple Coo'. As a Sassenach I had no idea what a 'Coo' was.
Now I know!
  
MOO COO!


When faced with a Purple Coo,
What is a girl to do?
If  she's an Australian Sassenach,
She hasn't got a clue!
Not being called MacDougal,
I looked it up on Google.
'The soft low cry of a dove' it said!
One entry.....rather frugal!
A 'purple cry?' I mused,
As the entry I perused.
How could a cry have colour?
I really was confused.
Ah! Passion's purple! Yes!
I'd made an intelligent guess.
'A cry of passionate love', that's it!
Amatory happiness!
So I clicked-on the 'Purple Coo'
As any poet would do,
Expecting lots of dalliance
………..

2 comments:

Jinksy said...

Pronounciation still has a lot to answer for - or should thaat be dialect?

Kat said...

heh heh.. you've "mooed" (mowed) the scottish blog..!!!