Monday, April 20, 2009

Notox!

 
SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS
http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/2010/02/203-when-pigs-fly.html


NOTOX!

I'm glad there wasn't Botox when my wrinkles all began;
When I still had some ambition to attract a passing man.
When I was forty/fifty lines were just a part of life
And I never heard of anyone submitting to the knife!
I didn't welcome wrinkles, that I must admit
But I simply saw them as my fate and just planned to submit.
All my friends were wrinkling so I didn't care that much
As for my husband I'd always been just his 'dear Old Dutch'!
How many years ago was this 'Race against Time' started?
How long since a lady and her lines were by science parted?
The syllable 'tox' is off-putting! I believe rat-poison's involved!
A rather drastic way of getting facial problems solved!
It isn't where it starts that counts; it's where the process ends.
No-one really wants to be the talking-point of friends!
'Has she? Hasn't she?' ' Bet she has!' the gossip-mongers mutter.
'Is her surgeon a needle-man or is he a drastic cutter?'
Just think, when all the treatments cease and the change reaches completion,
 The nose may look as smooth as silk with a little touch of Grecian,
But the upper-lip, which is untouched, may look wrinkled as a prune
And nose and lip may look at odds and not the least in tune.
And, as the years go flying by (and they will, no doubt about it)
Parts of the face will have missed the boat. Botox? They've done without it.
So the final face will be a mask that gives the viewer shocks;
Like pieces from two jigsaws, each from a different box!
They gain some mid-life sex-appeal but then there's this awful catch.....
When they should be aging graceful they're just a sad miss-match!
Hell will have to freeze over before I try this cure,
Although the 'warning signs' are there upon my face, for sure!
Maybe I'm jealous for I know I missed this Eternal Youth,
But I'd rather relax and enjoy old age with my wrinkles.
That's the truth.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog.
Please visit.
http://amazi.blogspot.com

Dee said...

You go girl! (said chuckling)

Kat said...

I love every 'line' of yours..!!!

keiths ramblings said...

You'd have to have a different name for youyr blog if the wrinkles went, and that would never do!

keiths ramblings said...

I see you actually HAVE changed the name of your blog! I'm clearly out of date!

Giggles said...

Love it, love it , love it!!! So true, every single line! High five girl!! I'd rather wisdom trumps botox any day!

"So the final face will be a mask that gives the viewer shocks;
Like pieces from two jigsaws, each from a different box!" Excellent phrase! So well done, with a wonderful message!

Hugs Giggles

Nita Jo said...

Love this piece! I've always said I'd never use botox, but as I watch friends looking younger and younger, I do get tempted to try it. For now, I'm standing strong against it.

Stan Ski said...

Nothing wrong with growing old gracefully.

linda may said...

Good Girl Brenda, I fully agree with you, age gracefully sounds the best and only sane way to go.

Patois42 said...

Very well done! I stand here in wrinkled agreement.

And love the new blog name.

Old Egg said...

What a great poem. What a great laugh. I really enjoyed it.

rob kistner said...

That was a wonderful piece... :-)

Like you, I wear my wrinkles with pride -- they were hard earned!

...rob

On The Edge

Dee Martin said...

Amen sister! I like everything matching even if it is wrinkled!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this post. Witty, insightful, and fun.