Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Bench

This shot, taken on a recent holiday , has brought out the Victorian Sentimentalist in me! 


THE BENCH

I must leave, and leaving, weep,
All I ask is for you to keep
Watch at some time in the day
Where you were when I went away.
Let me picture that shaded spot;
 A corner of our garden plot,
Where you and I just sat and talked
Gazing at paths where we once walked.
Honour bids me say farewell,
For how long no-one can tell.
Know that I will dream and yearn,
Till I join you there on my return.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice bench in a beautiful setting! Lovely poem also.

2sweetnsaxy said...

The poem goes perfectly with this shot.

Kat said...

Somehow felt that it was this way...
The Victorian girls walked away..

Jacqui said...

Lovely shady spot - nothing like a bit of Victorian sensitivity on the weekend. xx

Sylvia K said...

Lovely words in the perfect setting! What lovely shadows! Delightful!

Enjoy!

Sylvia

Hot Fudge said...

Lovely shot - what a beautiful place to stop for a quiet few minutes.

Ralph said...

Sentimentality is a nice trait. We often see the best of times in a spot like this. We want to get out of the hot sun, but don't want to lose all warmth,to the spotty shade - just to cool down a bit and continue the conversation. A beautiful, contemplative place!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how nice!

Paz

Beverley Baird said...

Great shadows and the poem certainly suits the photo!

EJ said...

I love the poem that goes with the photo!@

Please check out shadows in Chinhae

Crafty Green Poet said...

looks like a lovely shady place to sit...

Margaret Gosden said...

Well, I found it, via SSS! It does look as if it doesn't belong there and perhaps your rime gives it its raison d'etre! Feel better soon!

Marie said...

Lovely shadoe shot :-)