Saturday, April 18, 2009

Headache



HEADACHE!
If you've never learned swan-language you will never understand
What a piece of purple passion's taking place!
Sam who's on the left, has asked Serena for her hand,
For he much admires her elegance and grace.
'Swim over here, my lovely' he's hissing as he glides,
'To the purple shadows underneath the trees.
I'm certain that you'll make the most incredible of brides.
Come on. sweetheart, don't be such an awful tease!'
But Serena isn't easy; she's a girl who knows her mind,
And she coyly glides off right to make it clear.
Says she 'The purple shadows; our reflections on the pond,
Make an amorous, seductive atmosphere,
But don't take me for granted, Sam, there's a time and there's a place;
You must wait, I fear, to cast your magic spell!
To plight our troth 'on camera' would be a big disgrace.
And I've got a headache coming on as well!'



15 comments:

Kat said...

The Swan's real lady like :))))

LA Nickers said...

Your creativity always inspires - and often amuses - me. ;-)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Betty said...

Very well done. I couldn't help but laugh.

Jackie said...

I love swans they are so elegant and what a nice poem ! That is excellent and fun and humorous I might add :D

EG CameraGirl said...

Hahaha! I never would have thought a headache could make me laugh. :)

Teresa said...

I love this! You have such a creative H post here.

Unknown said...

This is too funny :) I just love the headache excuse! So I guess it's not just a human females that use that, huh? :)

Birgit said...

Talk about a creative H post! :)

Unknown said...

How fun! Glad she set him straight.

Susan Anderson said...

heehee

really fun poem

=)

Jenny said...

Well, thank goodness there are still some swans left in the world with the taste and decorum to not advertise their ....ummmm.... ummm... coziness on u-tube and the internet.

I was so relieved to realize I would not have to remove your post for inappropriate swan-smut!

Thanks for the wonderful laugh and the beautiful poetry you shared with us today.

I really enjoyed my stop here!

You just make me very happy!

A+

Sara Katt said...

Meow!
Lovely, thought-provoking post. That Swan-lady is someone to learn from.
And as an amateur poet, I am filled with admiration for your amazing craft.
Purrs,
Sara Cat
Sara Cat's Alphabe-Thursday-Rd 2-H

Tina said...

Snork. That was just grand!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Love it! As usual you entertain and amuse!

Judie said...

When I was around 11 or 12, we had a family vacation on an island off the Georgia coast. We had to get there by mail boat. The place was covered with mosquitos, and there was a fresh-water pond with swans on it. My dad had to burn insects off us with a cigarette lighter, The island belonged to some tobacco mogol whose name escapes me. We never went back.