Tuesday, April 14, 2009

For Grandma.



WATERY WEDNESDAY again!
 This time I've gone back nearly ten years to when Blake was a toddler.

FOR GRANDMA

Little children in the bath
Like to splash and dunk and laugh.
Invariably, girls and boys
Love to play with plastic toys.
Here's one of my family
Offering me 'a cup of tea'!
Years have passed but still I treasure
This inconsequential pleasure.
This water picture may not be
One of the roaring open sea,
But here's the sweet son of my daughter
Getting himself in tune with water.

Blake features in some of my other blogs too.

13 comments:

Mrsupole said...

I think it is so much fun to be a Grandma. I usually get a chance to babysit the two youngest ones during each week. The youngest granddaughter spent last night here, and will be back tomorrow night and will stay here a few days. Then this weekend we are getting four of them to stay here. Normally this would be fun, but I have been sick since Saturday with a sore throat, so I am hoping it is gone by them. If not then hubby will be watching them. The older two are teenagers and so they will help too.

Your grandson looks so cute, and giving you a cup of tea on top of that. I love a cup of tea brought to me by mine, so I think he probably enjoys a cup with you now.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

so cute; don't you wish they stay that little for a bit longer?

EG CameraGirl said...

That is such a lovely age. They grow up too fast. (Never thought I'd hear mysef say that!)

2sweetnsaxy said...

Awwww.... what a cutie and such a cute poem to go with the photo.
:-)

Vicky said...

oh I love this picture! look at his eyes so sincere , sweet memories for you indeed.

diane b said...

Lucky to be a grandma.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that cute! Happy WW!

Ebie said...

What a cutie! Have a good week!

Zlaek said...

BEAUTY. You are just so good at doing verses... and the picture is so adorable
Your biggest fan..
Zlaek

Margaret's Ramblings said...

He is so cute. A wonderful memory captured.

Margaret

Tarolino said...

A truly sweet picture. Such an innocent looking little child with eyes wide open for the world. He is very precious.

Tammie Lee said...

This photo is charming, as is your poem.

Kat said...

Ooooooooooooh.
I can't wait to become Grandpa.
Sounds so much fun :)))