Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fatal Attraction


I've never tried an acrostic before and I'm probably breaking all the rules (maybe it shouldn't rhyme!)

 But I was intrigued when Anthony North's blog led me to

  ACROSTIC ONLY
acrosticonly.blogspot.com

Gosh! I had to dredge back sixty years to remember this sort of emotion!

FATAL ATTRACTION 

Fear that it's too good to last!
Already, though, the die is cast.
Two hearts that seem to beat as one,
Aching until the war is won.
Love is surely not this pain!
*
And will we pass this way again?
Tenderness but also threat
This will leave me with regret.
Romance should be light and airy
And yet, with you, there's something scary!
Can I walk away from you?
Tell me me what I ought to do!
I am putty in your hands!
Oh this love makes such demands!
Never go!
I need you so!

12 comments:

Nave said...

Pentastic !!! You dont seem like a first timer ;)

Anonymous said...

Its wonderful !! the poetry adds to the beauty :)

Bharath said...

beautifully put..
:)

Anonymous said...

This has a nice meter to it and yet its acrostic! too good for a first timer..

Kudos!!

Granny Smith said...

This is a beautiful poem to which the acrostic and the rhyme only add. The tenderness and need would be there even without them.

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

My goodness, this is so VERY good! I loved the flow and the rhyming .. this was so refreshing to read.

Love, it seems, is a bad fatal attraction that none of us can resist.

Thanks for joining the fun, do come back and play with us ...again and again!

Maggie said...

Very good acrostic poem...you hit the nail on the head with staying to the prompt and making it clear from the words of expression in your poem.

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Hi Brenda,
Congratulation! I am happy to announce that you are the winner in our "Best Weekly Acrostic" contest. I certainly appreciate your participation.

Your acrostic is amazing --- please go HERE to see how your poem was presented.

If you like you can put the badge on your blog side bar, or leave it here; your choice. But if you put it on your side bar, make sure to check the "shrink to fit" box. Otherwise it will be too big.

Thanks again for participating, and do join us again!

Maggie said...

Congrats on being this week`s winner of the Weekly Acrostic Award.

Winnie the poohi said...

Congrats :D :D

*hugs*

Kat said...

On Fatal Attraction..
I also want to tell the same thing...
as "Winnie the Poohi" :)))

rdl said...

Congrats!!