Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ruined Idyll



GRANDMA'S GOULASH
asks us for a VERY short story

RUINED IDYLL

Be aware
That a plastic chair
Can float away
In the bay.
Water's deep!
Do not sleep!
Woe betide
Incoming tide!
Loud screams!
Forget dreams.
(140 characters)
*
---------------------------------------------------------------


SEEING RED

They gathered in my cosy room,
Escaping from the winter gloom,
Ready to practise for a play;
Another 'gig' was on its way.
I looked at them and 'I saw red'.
I took the photo then I said
'Red is such a cheerful colour;'
It stops the grey from looking duller.
Everyone is cheered and warmed,
Cosied-up and quite transformed
By a ruby's generous glow.'

The others said 'Oh! Are we duller
Because we wear a different colour?'
Compliments sometimes backfire
When it comes to comments on attire!
*

No comments: