Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pressure




THREE WORD WEDNESDAY
asks us to use these three words
beat pressure substance

PRESSURE

An athlete is under pressure;
He must beat opponents well.
The substance of the message is 
'Win, or go to Hell!'
A very special person
Risks the terrible disgrace.
The rest of us just marvel
At the runner in the race.
*
----------------------------------------------------------------------


WORK OF ART

Definitely not prosaic,
This work of art, a school mosaic.
It's tells the tale  of a special place,
And there are details  can trace.
I can see our sea and sandy beach;
Not far away; within easy reach.
I see the pelicans in the sky,
I see the traffic driving by.
I see a plane about to land
And pleasant houses on every hand.
I see the Cathedral and swimming-pool
And I think I can see the local school.
And that is where I saw it all........
Proudly displayed on a red brick wall.
*


4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Both pieces are great. The 3WW is certainly timely with the Olympics just ending.

RMP said...

I don't think I'd like the pressure of having to win...which is probably why I was never really one for sports, but I did enjoy cheering during (and when necessary, after).

it is a really beautiful mosaic. a lot of detail.

Maude Lynn said...

The first piece made me think of the Olympic athletes that failed to medal. What a disappointment that must be!

Bethe77 said...

Made me think Olympics. Great write as we did all marvel at the race each one gave in each sport.
Blessings