Thursday, August 23, 2012

Missed Chance


SIGN SIGN

MISSED CHANCE

If this is an advert then  I doubt if it ever quite succeeds.
Varying sizes of font are what this odd sign really needs.
*
'Bottomless Pit' may catch the eye, but it would be even better
If the words were written in a more outstanding letter.
BOTTOMLESS PIT!
*
The '65 feet deep' should be as small as it can be,
So that people have to squint to see what they should see.
65 feet deep
*
Looking at this sign I find it strange and quite surprising.
Someone has missed the chance of doing clever advertising!
*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------


TENTACLES

Have any of my readers seen
An octopus eating a submarine?
Well, neither have I, and I'm very glad
That that's not an experience I've had!
But........long ago, in my childhood days,
And going through an enquiring phase,
I saw a picture in a book,
Which certainly made me stop and look.
There was an octopus, larger than life,
With a submarine in a lot of strife.
It's tentacles embraced the craft,
Up and over, fore and aft,
And, worst of all, one eye looked in
Through the porthole at the men within!
I was horrified by the sight
Which gave me nightmares every night.
I felt sure an octopus  would pursue me
And do the most terrible tortures to me.
My illustration is not quite right
But it represents my terrible fright.

No comments: