Thursday, August 30, 2012

Letters



POETRY JAM
http://poetryjaam.blogspot.com.au/
chose the topic

LETTERS
(An Acrostic)

Loving notes sent through the mail;
Everlasting paper trail;
Treasured items through the years
Thoughts that bring a smile or tears
Every letter a surprise
Ready for enquiring eyes.
Saved and savoured as they're read;
Do you prefer email instead?
(Surely not!)
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



                                                                               Hopper

DISILLUSION

"I know I told you on Saturday night
That we had a future that was really bright.
But then you were in that satin dress
And you looked a vision of loveliness.
I loved the way it reached your ankles.
But here's the thing that really rankles....
Now you've stripped off to your bra
And panties, I can see you are
So much sturdier than before,
When your pretty dress reached to the floor.
All my passion has evaporated.
It cannot be too firmly stated.
I somehow cannot take my eyes
Off those really enormous thighs!"
*

2 comments:

Mary said...

Enjoyed your 'letters' poem. There definitely IS something special about holding a hand-written letter in one's hand! (Email isn't QUITE the same.)

Janine Bollée said...

Surely snail mail wins each time.
Your poetry jam link isn't quite right.
Your comment made me smile.