Thursday, June 4, 2009

More Beauty in the Bark

1.

2.
3


I've written about the beauty of the eucalyptus bark before and invited you to match bark to verse.
This time it's very easy.
(Answers tomorrow.)

BEAUTY IN THE BARK.

A. The tears of all the ages
Running down pallid cheeks,
Rain washing down in summer
Into dry and thirsty creeks.
  
B. Gnarled faces in the tree bark,
Dark with an angry sneer.
Fearsome and ancient ogres
From a far-off yesteryear.

C. Zebra-like and emphatic,
Licorice-coloured swirls,
Palest of yellow behind them.
Convoluted curls.




Fragrance, rather than bark, for this tree:

5 comments:

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Nicely done, I like your poetry.

Margaret Gosden said...

I think you and I are simultaneously posting at this time! Talk about Gnarled faces and dark angry sneers....check out my snapshots blog!!

Dr.John said...

I loved your poems because I am sure I got them all right. I A ; 3 B : 2C

Mari Meehan said...

1 A; 2 C; 3 B I didn't stick my neck out last time yet got them right. Let's see how I do this time!

Kat said...

to me all poems fit all pictures..!!! seen through an Aficionado's eye :)))