Monday, June 1, 2009

BRYANTICS' SUNDAY DIARY.

BRYANTICS' SUNDAY DIARY

We've all heard about the world ending with a whimper and not a bang! Well, in my case it's a start that's ending that way. I've decided to jot down a few notes about my life, as so many other people do, and today absolutely nothing happened! So I feel quite silly! However, things can only improve so I'll start as I mean to go on. I intend to write this Diary every Sunday.
Winter starts tomorrow and, true to form, the weather was showery and chilly. I walked down to the sea for some exercise during the afternoon, but the beach was deserted and it wasn't very pleasant, so I came home again! How's that for a thrill? Other than that I cleaned the house, blogged and cooked pork chops for tea!!
But there was one little flurry of excitement in the evening.  We were in the middle of watching a nostalgic program about 'Mary Whitehouse', remembered, I'm sure, by all Poms, when the phone rang.The phone-call was to say that a musician friend is interested in using some of my narrative poems to create a disk for schools. The main aim will be to introduce children to the idea of background music. So I hope it comes to something.
Thank you so much to everybody who commented on my first Blogging Anniversary. Now I can't wait to get started on the second year!
Brenda Bryant

7 comments:

quilly said...

That's funny! My very first blog post, 4 years ago tomorrow, read very much like this. For days I built the blog, waiting for the 1st of the month and my first post -- and when the time came my brain was totally empty.

Alas. One might as well start as one plans to continue, yes?

keiths poetic ramblings! said...

Mary Whitehouse, bless her! I love to hear background music with poetry which is why I have it my No Rhyme or Reason blog (excuse the plug!)

Margaret Gosden said...

I don't remember Mary Whitehouse! None the less, I am going to enjoy your Sunday diary. As you know, inspired by your blogging, I started a blog that has kept me very busy ever since! Mine is a different way of keeping a diary, I found out, while, at the same time, it seems to be becoming a memoir. It is interesting how one thing leads to another....

Valerie said...

Brenda, your poems are the right ones to be chosen, being both realistic and entertaining. They certainly fascinate me.

Cheryl Cato said...

Yes for the Sunday diary. Perhaps I should consider doing the same and maybe have a re-cap of the weeks events trivial though they may be.
The day here (or rather in San Antonio, TX) was lovely. Warm southerly breezes and a clear sky welcomed us in SA where the G-man played in a golf tournament. He had a blowout on the last 3 holes so came in 4th place in his flight. Sad, he was doing so well!

Dr.John said...

How wonderful your poems set to music. Perhaps if it turns out you could share the result on the blog.

Darlene said...

I fervently hope that your rhymes set to music come to something. It would be a wonderful way to introduce children to rhyming.

You could be the new Dr. Seuss of Australia - only with a music.