Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recognition!


PICATHEME
reminded me of a hoary old joke!

RECOGNITION!

A gentleman was sitting on an old park-bench one day,
When a sassy younger gentleman came wandering his way.
They sat down side-by-side a while and, though they didn't chat,
The younger suddenly turned and said 'What are you looking at?'
He said it rather brusquely but he was justified
For the older man was staring with his two eyes opened wide.
Let me first say the younger man (let's simply call him Ed)
Was wearing the strangest hair-style, in blue and green and red!
It was sort of waxed and sculptured, like some brittle edifice,
And Bert, (the older man), responded 'Well, see, it's like this....
'When I was young and foolish I put myself about.
I had a go at anything, there isn't any doubt.
Well, I had an affair with a parrot, just for a bit of fun.
Now it occurs to me, young man,
That you might be my son!'


A very different 'take' on hair here:


4 comments:

Darlene said...

You are not only a great poetess, but a great humorist as well. I am laughing so hard I nearly fell off my chair.

Marie Reed said...

I'm sure that this fellow's Mum's name is Polly! You're such a clever cookie Brenda!

starbender said...

Fantastic, I absolutely LOVE this one!!!

Kat said...

complete riot..!!!
Can see the Gentleman with an innocent face, having a swipe at the parrot's son :)))