Tuesday, October 2, 2012

So There!


RUBY TUESDAY

SO THERE!

I like red!
There's no more to be said!
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------


FANTY
(A Poem for Little Children.)

Fanty the Elephant lived in the zoo,
But Fanty the Elephant would cry 'Boo Hoo!
There's a great big world outside the gate;
I want to see it! I just can't wait!'
One day the zoo gate was open wide
And Fanty the Elephant ran outside.
Nobody saw her going at all,
For Fanty the Elephant was only small.
Her great big Mother began to cry
'Fanty's run away and I don't know why!'
Before the Keepers could sound the alarm
She'd hidden herself on a nearby farm!
All day she wandered, feeling free,
And sometimes sleeping beneath a tree.
Then the sun went down and Fanty found
She missed having other animals around.
She felt so lonely, all alone,
She lay on the ground and gave a moan;
'I wish, I wish I'd stayed in the zoo!
That's what baby elephants ought to do!'
The stars were bright in the big black sky
When a little white dog came wandering by.
'Are you lost, baby elephant?' the little dog said
And Fanty sadly nodded her head.
'I'll lead you home. The zoo's next-door.
I'll hold your trunk in my little paw!'
Soon Fanty was home with her family.
So you see how useful a dog can be!
*

------------------------------------------------

No comments: