Monday, October 22, 2012

Job Interview

The Wordle


THE SUNDAY WHIRL
asks us to use all the words in the Wordle

JOB INTERVIEW

So you are a job seeker......
What, then, can you do?
Let me give you a list of jobs
One may appeal to you.
Could you handle a job in a cafe
Or maybe a nursery?
Being a great fern expert
Might be the thing to be.
How about being a tour guide?
You look sturdy enough, that's true.
Could you face selling peanuts?
Not thrilling enough for you?
Could you face a job in the cabinet?
Politicians are paid well.
Not only that but you'd be well dressed
And look rather swell.
I've a post at an animal shelter;
There's a whole lot happening there.
Or you could keep score at the darts match
But the pay is only fair.
I recommend  you view my list
And decide what you're suited for.
Oh! You think you'd rather live on the dole!
Good afternoon. There's the door.
*
------------------------------------------------


INSTANT RECOGNITION

Swift turn of the head in the Plaza!
It's Margie! Goodness me!
I haven't seen old Margie
Since 1983!
'Hallo Margie!' I shout out, loudly,
Right across the mall.
'Oh! How terribly embarrassing! 
It isn't her at all!
*

1 comment:

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

These are really good, as always!